Thursday, November 25, 2010

A day full of food.

So this blog post should have been done like a week ago, how fast time flies when your on holidays. This post is food that I ate and made during one day.


So my friend stayed over the night before and we couldn't be bothered to do much so we went and got some fresh vegetables and then lounged in front of the tv. This is our lunch...lebanese cucumber, roma tomatoes and red capsicum......and some pistachios. Maybe a bit more than some.

I had to go and get something to make for dinner, but I didn't have much money. I made Lentil Burgers, Chorizo and Corn Frittata and salad. Everything cost less than $15 for the whole meal. In fact, I made ice cream as well so I needed stuff for that.
 
Lentil Burgers: you can get the recipe here. Though for some reason, I don't remember adding the Tahini which is probably why they didn't bind that well.

Chorizo and Corn Frittata: you can get the recipe here. This was a bit bland but I added some Sweet Chilli sauce to mine...it wasn't that bad.

Finally for dessert I made ice cream, I've been wanting to make some more for awhile and it was the perfect weather for it. The recipe was Strawberry icecream, but I didn't quite have 500g grams so I added some frozen raspberries and blueberries. You blend the fruit up and add lemon juice and icing sugar and then put it in the fridge to cool. Once cool, place the mix in the ice cream maker (should place in the freezer for 24 hours before use) and churn until it comes together, add 300ml of whipping cream (liquid form - not whipped) and churn until thick. Serve straight away.
Churning away.

The mixer.


The end product....so yummy.

1 comment: