Thursday, November 11, 2010

my 2010/11 summer baking/cooking bucket list.

So....

I'm officially on summer holidays!!! yay. I have nearly four months off of uni, I go back at the end of February.

Here is a list of things that I am currently doing, so far;

  • friends farewell party (of which I am baking a selection of cupcakes - rainbow marshmallow, raspberry, and choc mint).
  • license next week
  • going away camping for a few days
  • something that can not be named
  • christmas
  • going away over new years to another city, to stay with friend that is moving away.
  • festival work
  • and finally, finding a job after I get back after the new year.
In the mean time, I keep thinking of things that I want to try and bake over the summer.

  • Continue making cupakes (I keep thinking of different flavors I want to make - custard apple for example)
  • I want to attempt making artisan bread
  • Vietnamese food
  • Ice cream/sorbet/gelato. We have a ice cream maker, but I have only used it twice. I want to try raw ice cream, and see what it tastes like. I've been reading up on it the past couple of days after seeing a blog post on Not Just Apples. It really got me interested in it.
  • This lovely raspberry cream pie recipe that I saw in this new baking book my mum bought last week. I can't recall the name of it at the moment...I think it was a Williams-Sonoma though.
  • I might try some gluten-free baking aswell.
That is all I can remember at the moment, but the list will no doubt continue to grow. My computer is dead and have lost all my photos of my baking, luckily some of it was on facebook. But now that uni and exams are over, there will be some more posts.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment